Seguidores

julho 07, 2022

Make your bed

 

Make your bed

By Talita Machado Neves



    Hey guys! Welcome to my first blog post. Hope you like the subject! :)

    Since when I was a child, and I asked my father for help to solve a problem, he would tell me to make my bed: "go up stairs, make your bed and after doing that you will have the solution."

    I once asked him what was the relationship between my bed and my problems. He very wisely told me that the messy bed is the mirror of life, so every time you have something messy, some area of your life manifests mess. Every time you have something disorganized, that disorganization is reflected in your life. 

    When I visited the Yale Art Gallery, I came across a bronze sculpture of a nude woman with her right arm extended upward and her left arm and immediately I remembered my father talking about making the bed. This figure was sculpted by the French artist Edgar Degas from 1882 to 1895 and is called "Dancer Ready to Dance with the Right Foot Forward". This dancer had an impeccable body organization, you could see the mastery of the body she had to do the ballet pose. Certainly, she shouldn't even have problems in life just because she presented a perfect body organization. She should probably make her bed every day.


"Dancer Ready to Dance with the Right Foot Forward" (1882-1895), by Edgar Degas. 


    Based on this experience with my father and seeing the sculpture of a dancer, I was thinking that we are a reflection of the universe. We have a world inside of us. Our home is a reflection of their emotional states. If we have within us a reflection of the world, when it is internally disorganized, it manifests this externally including in dance.

    When this outer manifestation comes first, you can rearrange your inner world by symbolically showing that you are tidying up on the outside.

    The universe works like this: what's inside is outside. What is above is below. What is on one side is on the other. So if you always remember that you can influence the inside with the outside and vice versa, you have the key to total organization.

    The moment you clean your bed and throw away what is no good, you are symbolically reprogramming your interior. It is one of the best keys to achieving serenity and answers to very difficult problems. 

    Enjoy, and make your bed. It will definitely help you to find solution to many of your problems.





Um comentário:

  1. I love this subject - and I admire your clear thought and amusing writing style. How did your green screen photo turn out? I hope to see a short blog post about that too. I'll ask you to share this with your classmates tomorrow.

    ResponderExcluir

The art of being enchanted with the life you have

The art of being enchanted with the life you have View from East Rock Park, New Haven, CT.       I've heard it exhaustively that the fir...